Ok, now that you have decided to become a blogger (congratulations!!!), you have a mission ahead of you – finding a niche to write about. Sounds difficult, right? The good news – it is easier than it seems…
The most important thing to keep in mind is that you love the topic you blog about. There are millions of subjects to write about, but you have to know and love whatever it is you choose mywebmagazine.co.uk . This way you can be true in your blogging, and really bring out the best you can.
Another very important thing is to believe you can make a good (great!!!) income from your blogging.
Now, start looking around. Search the media- different websites, the radio and TV, books, magazines, commercials at the movies, whatever; check out the new and hot trends, what are people into? Find out what people talk about (no, no eavesdropping! I’m sure you know how to pick up fields of interest…).get some ideas.
Write all your ideas, so you do not forget them. After collecting some topics, take a little time to choose your favorites, those you connect to the most, those you feel you can write about from within, and enjoy it. Pick 3-5, no more, and focus on them. Check Google, see if and how many blogs your topics have, look how popular the keywords related to these topics are.
After this, you have a little more digging to do. Find a “mini-niche”, something that will be less general, more specific, and yet (important!!) – Easily monetized. For example – “nutrition” is pretty big subject. But “nutrition for body builders” is smaller, kind of a “sub-topic”.
Choosing to make blogging your career because you want to escape a mundane job – forcing yourself to write about something that you’re not interested in is as torturous as the mundane job you are running away from! To blog successfully, you have to:
1. Find your niche. The very first option that I think a blogger should write on is a topic that he/she feels passionate about and interested in. In order not to run out of inspiration for worthwhile content, you must locate an area of strength, expertise or interest to write about. Your readers must find your posts interesting, educative or entertaining enough. I mean, you have to give them a good enough reason to want to read your next post. If you love sports, for example, you may decide to write about that. The other reason I recommend that you write about something you’re passionate about is because your feelings and emotion shows through your writings! If you feel indifferent to a certain subject but still write about it just for the sake of it, your readers will notice it.
2. Be consistent. If people visit your blog thrice or more without seeing any new thing, they’ll naturally get the impression that you’re not really serious. After all, they get fresh information from other related blogs. So why will they stick to you? It is ideal to place at least a post on your blog twice or more weekly and put something there every other day – if not a comment, and then maybe something related that you read in the news.
3. Be focused. Write on unique, relevant and helpful topics. Your content should not be too short and not too long. Between 300 and 400 words will do for a post. Don’t make your readers bored. Avoid spelling errors. Be precise and straight to the point. Be interesting.
4. Be responsive. When someone drops a comment on your post, please respond. People like to be responded to and related with, especially when they are interested in what you do. It gives the impression that you care about their opinions. After all, the blog is created for them. Isn’t it?
5. Don’t violate copyright laws. Do not copy and past other people’s contents on your blog. It is wildly wrong and must be avoided. Take your time to write your own unique articles. This makes you original and gives your reader the right impression that you know what you’re doing. Come to think of it, how would you feel, if you come to my blog to find a post you placed on your site sometimes ago on it and credited to me?